Thursday, February 02, 2017

John Gray statement seeking nomination Vice-Chair Campaigns & Communications West Ham CLP


Dear Branch Secretary

I am standing ‎to be the West Ham CLP Vice Chair campaigns at our Annual General Meeting in June and I am requesting the supportive nomination of your Branch. 

I am a long standing member and activist in West Ham and have served the Party in a number of different roles, including Vice Chair Campaigns in the past and Parliamentary Agent for Lyn Brown MP in 2010 and 2015. 

I have also been a Labour Party agent for Council by elections. 

I have been an active campaigner for many years and have planned and led canvassing teams in Newham and elsewhere. I can write and design leaflets, press releases and social media posts.

For the past 5  years I have also been a full time lay organiser‎ for my trade union UNISON and have taken part and directed a wide range of campaigns for a living wage, better housing and employment protection. 

If elected as Vice Chair Campaigns I commit to doing everything possible to support the local and national Party. While there are no local elections this year we have to work for council elections in 2018 and the prospect of a sudden general election.  If elected my aim will be to attract and involve the huge number of new members who have joined the Party in recent times to become activists and campaigners for Labour in West Ham and nearby crucial marginal seats.  As Parliamentary agent in the 2015 General election, West Ham played an important role in defeating the Tory MP in Ilford North. 

I believe that I have the local knowledge, skills, dedication and experience to be a successful campaigner, vice chair and team player. 

I am currently a backbench Councillor for West Ham, Vice Chair Membership for West Ham CLP, Vice Chair Forest Gate North branch, Chair Greater London UNISON Labour link and Vice Chair UNISON London international and Europe Committee.

Yours faithfully

John Gray

No comments: